Sustainability at core
In many cultures spanning thousands of years, we can find references to the fruit of the Pear Tree as a symbol of divine sustenance, abundance and longevity.
The Café was created based on 3 Principles:
Following the same path, our Wine Bar is focused on Organic, Biodynamic and Natural Wines.
Supporting as many local Irish businesses as possible this little Café is all about the community.
We proudly serve the freshest ingredients locally sourced from farms who practice regenerative agriculture, looking after our Mother Earth.
We use nearly 100% Organic ingredients, free from pesticides, chemicals and GMO.
Enjoy our little but honest menu in honor of local producers.
The Pear Tree Café & Wine Bar Team.
What we have done so far:
- Using local ORGANIC produce as much as possible.
- Supporting local suppliers.
- Supporting business who practice regenerative agriculture, looking after the land and the earth: Mad Yolk Farm (sustainable eggs), Mill House Farm (organic salad).
- Pasture raised eggs locally sourced.
- Fighting food waste through Too Good To Go #zerowaste
- 100% renewable electricity
- 100% compostable takeaway coffee cups
- 100% wooden compostable takeaway cutleries.
- 100% paper compostable takeaway straws
- 100% paper compostable takeaway bags
- We DO NOT use ANY type of single use plastic.
- Investment in more energy efficient equipment.
- Specialty Coffee Roasters who value the producer paying fair prices. Thanks to SOMA COFFEE COMPANY.
What we are committed to do:
- Further reducing food waste
- Working with suppliers to reduce single use plastics
- Increasing the Vegan and Vegetarian offerings